Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bake me a cake...or cookies...

I have some time on my hands now that I'm in a career transition which has given me the opportunity to try out a few things that I've always wanted to venture into but never had the time to do before now! For me, baking is one of the things that always fascinated me. For the past few months I've tried my hand at baking and found out a couple of things...It's not as hard as I thought and I really enjoy it!

This past weekend was Charles birthday and after hearing him talk about his favorite no-bake cookie for some time I decided to give it a try. Now, I know there is no actual "baking" in this recipe but these cookies really intimidated me! I read many forums on-line about how making this cookie can be a complete disaster. I was distraught at the thought of trying and failing to make this cookie! What if they were a complete disaster?!


Charles was just back from a business trip on Friday and started to ask about the cookies...was I going to make them? I had planned on making them but my fear of failing was at a high point. But they were his favorite cookie and so I bought the ingredients and decided to make them Saturday evening.

I followed the directions listed on the recipe and read numerous forums on how to get the timing just right on these bad boy cookies. I set out all my ingredients and started baking. ...and guess what...they turned out fantastic! I didn't have anything to fear after all, I made the cookies and they were great!!
Happy Birthday Charles!


A Couple of Tips

For all you non-bakers or novice bakers give this recipe a try...No bake cookies
Here are two helpful tips that worked for me:
1. Lay all your ingredients out before you start boiling your butter, coco, milk and sugar mix.
2. Wait to start timing your boil, until the mix is at a rapid boil. Once it's at a rapid boil, boil mix for 1 minute and then remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients.

And lastly work quickly!

Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me!