Friday, September 18, 2009

A lovely Friday dinner party.

Hello darlings!

Sorry for the lack of post these last couple weeks. Between traveling and then getting back to work, I just fell short on time! I'm sure you can relate! Any wonderful plans for the weekend?

I am going over to my good friend, Andrea's house tonight. She is entering a contest on how to cook a quick & easy dinner party with friends! How lovely, right?! Andrea is Italian and cooks up some very yummy dishes! She has an adorable little place in Brooklyn and we'll be serving dinner in her garden!
{via}

She has her menu in place and the garden is ready.

Menu:
Starters~
Brie & another yummy cheese
Crackers

Entree~
Clam linguini tossed in a garlic and olive oil sauce, served with french bread for extra dipping
A fresh garden salad tossed with walnuts, blue cheese

I was told to bring over drinks. At first I was thinking wine, but then I found this recipe for a Thyme Lemonade Cocktail. I can't think of anything more perfect! I actually have a small herb garden (yes, it sits in our window facing all of NYC), so we will have home grown thyme. With the garden setting and serving a light fresh pasta and salad, I believe this cocktail could not be more perfect!
Games galore will take place after...a traditional dinner party with friends is one great way to celebrate the kick-off to fall!

I'll post pics (outfit and party) when it's all said and done....so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Love me!