Saturday, May 1, 2010

Woah!

It's been how long???

I know I took off to LA and never came back...what happened you ask?

Well, a lot has happened since my brief break at Classic Twist. Life took me on a whirl wind of big life events!

So to explain my absence....

First I got a new job! Yes, that's right. After a year of freelancing, I got a new job here! I took some time to adjust to my new routine, squeezing myself onto the express train in the morning (geez I forgot what a pleasure it is to commute to work - it's the longest two stops EVER and forget about any type of personal space), working in an office full of fashionistas (hello, looking fabulous everyday), fitting in the gym (does my walk to the subway count?) and trying to spend time with the boyfriend. Which brings me to my next bit of exciting news...

One dreary day last month (to my boyfriends dismay), we decided to go for a walk in Central Park. We walked towards the boat house and lake. Even though it was a bit gloomy, the sun was peaking out as the clouds started to splinter outwards. The day was crisp, but the cool air was starting to warm from the sun. It felt good. Clean. Fresh. The weather was on the cusp of a new season. Right along the lake Charles stopped and wanted to take a picture of me with the boat house in the background, then he asked me to take a picture of him. I turned to snap the photo and found him on his knee, presenting me with a beautiful ring, asking "Will you marry me"?

I, of course already smitten since our first meeting 3 1/2 years ago, said YES!



So, my dears that is what I've been up to! Lots of exciting news and events (what can I say, I'm a busy gal)!

Stay tuned for wedding planning, fashion and lots more!

Psst....Next up, a recap of my upcoming appointment here. YIPPIE!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you blogging again! The dress shop looks like heaven~ take lots of pictures! I can't wait to see all the fashion and wedding fun ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete

Love me!